1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from Kelowna, BC!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by SvenOfTheWoods, Mar 7, 2020.

1. SvenOfTheWoods

SvenOfTheWoods New Member

Hello mini truck community!

My name is Sven and I've been looking to join your ranks for some time now! I've always been enamored with the idea of kei cars and trucks. The North American ideal of "bigger is better" never really resounded with me, which is especially ironic considering I used to live in Alberta (the Canadian capital of the "brodozers").

Last year I started a business based on my hobby (woodworking) and it has been successful enough that I've found myself needing a more appropriate method of transporting my lumber than strapping it to the roof of my Jeep. I've been searching for various models for the past month, but just a few days ago I came across a listing for a Honda Acty on Facebook Marketplace. It was already landed in Vancouver and just needed to get certified for BC roads. Long story short....it's mine! I get to pick it up at the end of the month...and then enjoy the road trip over the mountain passes in a 660cc minitruck. :)

And now I have a question for the members here...how much different are the 3rd gen Acty's from the previous ones? Mine is a 2001, but the most prevalent information I can find are for the 1998 and older models.

Glad to be a part of the community, and I'll be sure to contribute where I can!

2. Botl01

Botl01 Active Member

Welcome to the forum.

Have you tried wikipedia? They have a good write up on the Acty.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Acty

SvenOfTheWoods likes this.
  3. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Welcome! Hope you can find the info you need.

SvenOfTheWoods likes this.
  4. SvenOfTheWoods

That was one of the first places I looked for the basics. However, I'm a bit concerned as to the validity of the information on there due to this little gem in the 3rd gen section:

AFAIK, every Acty I've come across has the standard 350kg payload capacity. Makes me wonder what else is wrong on that page.
    Regardless, I'm more curious as to the differences between the various engines over time.

Thanks for the welcome!

5. Botl01

Botl01 Active Member

I figured you would have done a web search.

How about this page.

https://japancardirect.com/mini-trucks-and-kei-turbo-cars/mini-kei-trucks/spec-comparison-tables/

Limestone and SvenOfTheWoods like this.
  6. SvenOfTheWoods