1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Front passenger power window doa

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by sambar8833, Aug 26, 2015.

1. sambar8833

sambar8833 New Member

Hi everyone.. wondering if anybody has a dead power window on their sambar van, had the van 5 years and it never worked on the passenger side (well it wouldn't as the motor was under the seat when I bought it!). Have decided to try to fix it. thought I look for a simple fault first like a blown fuse... well no mention of a fuse controlling the windows in any wiring diagrams (no mention of the power windows at all in the manuals!) plus the drivers side window works so would think they would be on the same circuit?? Tried putting a meter on the switch connecters to see if I got 12v from the switch when you operate it, got nothing. Have tried putting 12v from a battery to the window motor itself no noise so guessing that is dead as well? Before I spend money trying to track down a new motor and switch or with an auto electrician just wondering if the sambars had any sort of circuit breaker or window reset method as I read somewhere that some subarus have this...

2. SpikeFiend

SpikeFiend Member

If 12v to the window motor itself doesn't produce any results, then it's likely that's the problem. Just make sure nothing else is connected in case there's a short elsewhere.