1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

92 Sambar - What should I look out for

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by Psycho Mike, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Psycho Mike

Psycho Mike Member

I have had a 1992 Sambar truck pop up locally that I am starting to look at. 660 cc engine, 4x4 with low range, winch (looks built in), blade, electric dump kit (owner has it, but it's not hooked up), rear hitch, 1" wheel spacers, 3 sets of tires.

They are asking $3800 CAD obo. The unit has 90,000 km on it and has been repainted green. Timing belt not done yet, but it is currently titled and registered for on-road use. Body is looking good, no obvious frame rust on the pics provided...interior is a little dirty, but it doesn't look too bad (again from the pics).

Kijiji link for your perusal:
    http://www.kijiji.ca/v-atv/edmonton/mini-truck/1103448573?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

For those familiar with Sambars of this vintage, are there any things I should be specifically looking for when I go to take a look in person that would be a red flag to stay away from this particular unit? Any help and advice greatly appreciated...

From a possible soon to be owner,

Mike

2. Tony Evers

Tony Evers Active Member

I think the truck looks cared for. Look underneath for any bent control arms. Make sure you start a cold engine. You should be good to go. great deal.