1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2007 Acty

Discussion in 'Honda Acty' started by VanOne, Oct 31, 2014.

1. VanOne

VanOne Member

Hi, I bought a used Honda Acty SDX 2007, and I have a few questions. As far as it comes owning, and caring for a car I've only owned a Honda Civic for a year before. Is there anything I should know about the common maintenance details that are majorly different in an Acty compared to ordinary cars like Civic? And one of the things I want to ask...just how hard would it be for a completely green person when it comes to car mechanics to install 3-point rear seat belts?

This is bit a gamble when it comes to getting this thing registered here, because nobody has registered a Kei-car/truck newer than 1996 in Finland, with most of them being Suzuki Carrys, some export versions of the Daihatsu Hijet, and of course the local specialty, Subaru Sambars modified to be electric powered, the Elcat. But so far out of all the brands I've driven Honda has been the most compatible with me, I wanted a vehicle with fair amount of cargo space while capable of carrying at least 4 people, and when I questioned the local vehicle authority about if it would pass registration what I got back as a reply basically amounted to a "huh, what?". So I figured I might as well try. Still waiting to receive it, though, at the moment it is still on a ship sailing the mediterranean.

I've attached a page of the user manual for this year model that shows a example with a 3 point belt, and 2 pictures of the interior of mine for my seat belt question.

Attached Files:

2. snakedoc

snakedoc New Member

Looks cool
    Here all it takes to get 1 tagged is a bill of sales and working lights and the basic look over.

3. Tony Evers

Tony Evers Active Member

Your 3 point seat belt is going to definately cause you some grief. Most vans have the seat belt built right into them. If I had to do that job. I would find a wrecking yard with some small cars in it. the shoulder belt is a self contained unit. Even if it is behind plastic. you can find a steel bar in the seat to attach to. But before you go through all that trouble make sure you need to do this alternation.
    Tony

4. VanOne

VanOne Member

Well, over here you need 3-pointers for all "side" seats, in this case both the rear seats happens to classify as that. But yeah, I'll definitely look the car over if installing the seat belts is worth the trouble, if it doesn't cost me far too much I would prefer to install them. But so far, a worrying sign is that every Acty I've seen with installed rear-seat belts also have new seats there, like this here.

And yeah, getting a imported car here can be a real pain, if there are no rear fog lights you have to install them, sometimes they require that the car has a OBD port for some curious reason(this seems to happen very rarely however), and if you import from a left-hand side driving country you have to either modify the headlight facing, or if that is not possible replace them, and newer(I think it was post 1998 or so) models require the emission & noise levels, so if you don't have the papers for those you have to bother getting the TÜV-Certificate.

5. VanOne

VanOne Member

Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
  6. shogun

shogun Active Member

As far as I know they use the genuinine old parts lists, but some items are no longer available from these lists.
    Also the Acty in Japan needs for the rear seats belts since some years. Before it was optional extra.
    Years ago we had to use in Japan belts in front seats only when driving on the Highway, now always and also the rear seat passengers.

7. VanOne

VanOne Member

So, what can I do about the headlights to make them face the right way for right-hand side traffic like Finland, besides taping the pattern up so its flat, or installing a projector headlight?

Attached Files:

8. shogun

shogun Active Member

Try to find parts in the U.K. for RHD. For example this is a large parts dealer in the U.K. for new parts http://www.lingshondaparts.com/?gclid=COunuZy4tsICFUkGvAodaiwA2Q

When searching Ebay U.K. for Honda Acty parts, I found this
    ACP Beam Adaptor Headlamp Converters European Headlight Driving Adapters
    UK vehicles are designed for driving on the left-hand side of the road.

This means when you use your vehicle in countries where you drive on the right (most of Europe), you will dazzle oncoming drivers at night.

If you're driving to the Continent then you must adjust the headlight beam pattern to suit driving on the right so that the dipped beam doesn't dazzle oncoming drivers.

You will need to fit a set of headlamp beam converters or "Beam Benders", These self-adhesive masks blank out the part of the beam which could dazzle oncoming drivers.

Never go abroad to Europe without adjusting the headlamp pattern of your vehicle as it is a compulsory requirement in most countries.

Remember to remove the headlamp converters as soon as you return to the UK.

Key Features:
    •Fits all headlamps
    •Ideal for modern/clear headlamps
    •Self-adhesive
    •Easy to fit and remove
    •Proven to allow up to 20% more light through than blocking device

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ACP-Beam-...Car+Make:Honda|Model:Acty&hash=item2c90922a1b

Never seen before, but maybe you can use it and try, price is abt. 10 EURO.

9. VanOne

VanOne Member

Well, I ordered one of those from http://www.travelspot.co.uk/ , but I doubt that will get me through registering the vehicle, but it'll at least help on getting people to stop blinking their lights at me.
    One problem I'm having around here is getting a set of 12'' tires, if were getting 13'' what size should I look for?
    Also, any idea how I would manage to remove the rear bench so I can try to find where the seat belt buckles would be installed?

10. shogun

shogun Active Member

11. VanOne

VanOne Member

Well, while all the text is in Japanese, hovering over the links reveals the urls are in English, found menu for the Acty that way, thanks.

12. VanOne

VanOne Member

Right, so have been toiling around trying to look for places where the rear seat belt buckles would be attached. So far the only logical option seems to be the same place the seat lock-on handle is also attached to. Would you happen to have any information in what way this is done, shogun?

Cause I can find a Acty with 3-point rear seat belts...but where in heck are the buckles attached.
    https://www.tradecarview.com/used_car/japan car/honda/acty/15668107/
    https://www.tradecarview.com/used_car/japan car/honda/acty/15671695/

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  13. shogun

shogun Active Member

14. VanOne

VanOne Member

http://honda.epc-data.com/acty_van/gbd-hh5/9792/
    Problem is this finds me the spare parts if I ever need them, but it doesn't tell me how the rear buckles are installed. Cause looking at that picture at carparts makes it seem like they are screwed on sideways, which would indicate a place in the bench for such, or on the sides of the depression for the lock-on handle, but can't find them. But in the 1987 version it shows them being screwed on downwards, which would fit with them being installed onto the same places as the lock-on handle, but then the question remains how that is implemented.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
  15. VanOne

VanOne Member

Well, just in case I can't find the places for the rear buckles when I finally disassemble the seat, looking at ukeroo the Honda Vamos 1999 model seems to have seats that are installable on a 2007 Acty, would you agree about that, shogun?

[edit]Well, the rear buckles bolt I was given, and the rear seat lock bolt were the same size, and most importantly the positioning of it based on the spare parts image, I attached the rear buckles to the rear seat lock. It seems to have the strength required, will have to see if the inspector holds the same opinion about it.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2014
  16. shogun

shogun Active Member

I simply do not know these vans, I have the truck version and my one is much older than your model year. Good luck with the inspection of your car.

17. VanOne

VanOne Member

Is the Acty plus or minus grounded?

18. shogun

shogun Active Member

The positive pole is usually marked red (or "+") and the negative pole is usually marked black (or "−"), but other color schemes are sometimes used in automotive systems. On a car battery, the positive pole usually has a larger diameter than the negative pole. Modern cars have a "negative earth" electrical system. In this case the negative terminal of the battery is bonded to the vehicle's chassis (the metallic body work) and the positive terminal provides the "live" wire to the various systems. However, some older cars were built with a "positive earth" electrical system, in this case the positive terminal of the battery is bonded to the chassis and the negative terminal for the live. that is from wiki.
    Here you can see how to test it, if you are not sure : How to check if a wire is positive or negative in a vehicle
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WidFoCKSJQ